Tuesday, 1 July 2014

I just wanna talk.


Yep, as the title says. I just want to talk, or write. No specific things on my mind, basically just a jumble of thoughts about my journey so far and how I am feeling.

This Friday will be my one year anniversary of joining Slimming World. I can't quite believe it, time has really flown by. When my consultant pointed out that I had lost 6st 1.5lbs in a year (plus/minus whatever happens this Friday), I shrugged when everyone else was applauding me and saying that it was amazing. I said to my friend beside me that I wasn't sure if that was really that great, she told me in disbelief that is was half a stone per month... It sounds good like that.

I think part of the thing with me is that I was losing quite rapidly when I first joined, and I want it to always be like that! I knew it would slow down and regulate more as I went on.. I just feel that I lost a large chunk of that 6 stone in the first 6 or 7 months, since then it's been slowing more and more, with gains creeping in.

It shouldn't bother me, I know this. I always realised this would happen, we just always want more, don't we? Anyway, that's a small thing that I am coming to terms with, it's never going to be like it was at the start, since when I joined the change in my lifestyle was a huge shock to my system, and now my body has become used to the way that I have changed my bad habits.

And I really have changed them.

I like the fact that my body is used to it, that it almost expects good things.. Does that sound utterly ridiculous? I feel like it might! What I mean is that pre-SW I ate whatever the hell I wanted without caring - now I am conscious... I am so proud of that change that I have made.. It really is massive for me, someone who knew nothing about what eating well was, I never understood and I didn't care.

So let's talk about some of these changes. The hugest is just being aware of what I eat, how good or bad it is, whether I should or should not put it into my mouth, there was no question before - if I wanted it, I ate it. So there's that. Also, drink.. I know SW say that Diet coke is fine to drink and is syn free, but everybody knows that fizzy drinks aren't the best thing in the world for you. I now drink 2 litres of water a day, every single day (unless I am away and I don't keep up with it quite as well).. I do not and never had been a hot drink person, it was always diet fizzy drinks.. Not diet because of the health thing, just because I preferred the taste. Now I don't remember when I last had a drink of diet coke! I do have some in the pantry and I do treat myself to a glass sometimes, but it's a treat.. never did I think a diet coke would be considered a treat.  Oh, I do also use it in diet coke chicken, which is a total meal fave for me and my boyfriend!

So anyway, my one year is coming up on Friday, I am interested to see how I'll do this week, I've been focused and on it and I am hoping for a good result. The following week I am going to see my family for a week.. I dunno how that'll go.. good and bad days I guess, but I will not go totally off track. I cannot allow myself to do that.

Okay, that's me for now. This was totally rambly and from the top of my head. There will probably be more to come!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like comments, Please leave me one!